Gearingo Gear Indicator Description and Specifications
Gear Indicator Features
- Simple plug and play installation plugs into the existing diagnostic connector.
- Instantaneous display of the gears and neutral position.
- Displays the correct gear even when stopped.
- No setup required, works out of the box. Simple options mode if needed.
- Clamps either below or above the handlebar
- Large bright red LED with enclosure designed to insure that its visible even in bright sun.
- Displays the battery voltage and low voltage warning.
- Displays the coolant temperature.
- Water resistant aluminum housing.
- 48 inch cable with matching cable for the diagnostic connector for plug and play install.
Description of Gearingo Gear Indicator
An electro-mechanical device in your bike's crankcase senses the position of the gear shifter and sends the information to the ECM. The Gearingo obtains the gear information from the motorcycle's electronic control module (ECM) and displays it on a bright red LED display.
Many other indicators, like the GIPRO, use the tachometer and speedometer signals to estimate the gear, and may require constant tinkering to make them work, even under optimal conditions. These other indicators do not work when skipping gears, coasting, or stopped.
The Gearingo digital gear indicator always displays the correct gear without any delay because the gear information comes from a sensor.
Click here for the User's Manual
Above and Below the Handlebar Gear Indicator Mounting
The gear indicator can mount hanging below the handlebar, or sitting above it, as shown in the pictures below. The above bar mounting is typically used with the Triumph Commander and LT, and the under bar mounting for other models. The mounting mode can be flipped using a simple setup procedure.
Motorcycle Compatibility Includes the Following Bikes
- Triumph Thunderbird Storm, Starting 2010
- Triumph Thunderbird LT, Starting 2010
- Triumph Thunderbird Commander, Starting 2010
- Triumph Rocket 3, Starting 2010 (may work on older bikes).
- Speed Triple R Engine # 735337 and up
- Speed Triple S engine # 735438 and up
- Tiger 800
- Tiger Sport
Works on modern Triumphs with a diagnostic connector and a gear position sensor.
If you are uncertain, please contact us before placing an order.
Triumph Diagnostic Connector Location
The gear indicator plugs into the diagnostic connector on your bike that is located either under the seat (or Commander, LT before 2018, and Rocket III's, or under the left hand side panel for the Storm,1600/1700, and LT's since 2018.
If your bike is older then a 2012 please confirm that the two contacts shown in the picture above exist on the connector. These are the two pins used to connect with the bike electronic control module (ECM), and on some older bikes, Triumph did not provide these consistently through the model year.
|Motorcycle gear position sensor, communication with motorcycle ECM to receive information.
|Machined aluminum with black powder paint
|Single digit .4 inch super-bright LED with red polycarbonate lens
|1 inch or 1.25 inch
|Two piece housing with handlebar clamp
|Two 8-32 flat head screws with 3/32 hex head
|49 inch automotive grade cable with mating to16 pin diagnostic connector
|Display off sleep current
|-10 to +120 deg F.
|Automatic with motorcycle ignition key
|Obtained from ECM
|Low voltage warning level
|Battery voltage display accuracy